Time to lay out some professional and coding related goals for 2010:
- Code Complete – Steve McConnell
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture – Martin Fowler
- Applying Domain-Driven Design and Patterns – Jimmy Nilsson
- Working Effectively With Legacy Code – Michael Feathers
Tools/Techniques/Processes @ Work
- Move from SVN to Git (and learn more about Git in the process).
- Move from CC.NET to Team City for our build server.
- Build a more robust build script and management process – including production deployment and database migration scenarios.
- Develop an idea I was given for an open source project and get it live to see what happens.
- At least 24 blog posts (I’m not going to say 2 per month as I’m getting married this summer and I’m certain I won’t be able to maintain a schedule around it).
- At least 3 feature/patch submissions to open source projects.
- Get a version 1 out there on at least 1 of the 3 product ideas I have floating around.
- Keep working on a good working knowledge of Ruby & Ruby on Rails (and use it to build the product mentioned above).
Pretty similar to last years goals overall, actually. I’ll be updating my progress every 3 months instead of 2 this year though.
Set any goals yourself this year?