First quarter’s down. In full disclosure fashion, here’s how I’m doing so far:
- Code Complete – Steve McConnell – Not started.
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture – Martin Fowler – Not started.
Applying Domain-Driven Design and Patterns – Jimmy Nilsson
- Working Effectively With Legacy Code – Michael Feathers – Not started.
Tools/Techniques/Processes @ Work
- Move from SVN to Git (and learn more about Git in the process). – Learning about Git and bugging our sys admin about setting up Git, but haven’t actually started yet.
Move from CC.NET to Team City for our build server.
- Build a more robust build script and management process – including production deployment and database migration scenarios. – Well underway.
- Develop an idea I was given for an open source project and get it live to see what happens. – In progress.
- At least 24 blog posts (I’m not going to say 2 per month as I’m getting married this summer and I’m certain I won’t be able to maintain a schedule around it). – 4 down (ouch!).
- At least 3 feature/patch submissions to open source projects. – Not started.
- Get a version 1 out there on at least 1 of the 3 product ideas I have floating around. – Not started.
- Keep working on a good working knowledge of Ruby & Ruby on Rails (and use it to build the product mentioned above). – Playing and reading.
So-so. Lets see about next quarter.